After yesterday’s Big 12 Championship, Oklahoma punched their ticket to Bob Stoops’ 11th New Year’s Six or BCS Bowl when they head to the Sugar Bowl. It was announced just minutes ago that the Sooners will be taking on Auburn on January 2nd in New Orleans.
- Currently 8-4 with losses to Clemson, Texas A&M, Georgia, and Alabama.
- 5th in the country in scoring defense, allowing 15.6 points per game.
- 21st in the country in rushing defense, allowing 124.8 yards per game.
- 7th in the country in rushing offense, rushing for 278.5 yards per game.
- Auburn is ranked 112th in passing, only averaging 170.8 yards in the air a game.
- Kamryn Pettway is averaging 6.1 yards per rush, and his counterpart, Kerryon Johnson, averages 5.0 yards per rush.
- Oklahoma and Auburn played in the 1972 Sugar Bowl, where the Sooners won 40-22. This is the only previous matchup between the two.